“When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need.” – Ayurvedic Proverb
Ayurveda - often called, the ‘science of longevity’ - because it offers a complete system to live a long healthy life without medication.
The foundation of Ayurvedic nutrition is based on the idea that you are a result of what, when, where, how and why you eat.
In this workshop we will explore the foundational principles of Ayurveda and the wisdom it offers regarding our relationship to all things food.
|| Workshop Highlights ||
: A better understanding of what Ayurveda is
: The Ayurvedic approach to food + eating habits and how to begin applying it to your life.
: Insight on the role of digestion to lose weight, maintain youthfulness and experience long lasting vitality.
: Food, herb and eating guidelines for the individual Doshas along || Kapha, Pitta, Vata
: Lifestyle + diet adjustments for a healthy Summer Solstice
: A surprise homemade Ayurvedic Recipe
|| $30 ||
Thai Massage is an ancient form of therapeutic bodywork combining assisted yoga stretches, acupressure, Ayurvedic principles and pranayamic breathing.
Similar to yoga, Thai Massage enhances strength and flexibility, relaxes sore or tense muscles, and can help to recapture a busy mind. It is done in pairs, cultivating a deep sense of connectivity and mutual healing between partners.
In this workshop, Jenna Wolf will guide you through a flow of applied yoga stretches, interwoven with rhythmic pressure using hands, elbows, knees and feet. We will explore the basic elements of Thai Massage and how they can be of practical use in everyday life. You will work with a partner in both giving and receiving Thai Massage.
Bring a friend or lover, wear warm comfortable clothing and prepare for an afternoon of bliss.
Hosted @ Shakti Power Yoga || 65 Music Square E.
$50 || per pair
A workshop about growing older, staying brave + radiating beauty from the inside out.
Join Jenna Wolf for a morning of inspiration and wisdom on how to live long, feel great and look damn good doing it. It is a blessing to grow older, and we alone hold the key to keeping our mind and body free of disease and imbalance in the process.
In this workshop, we will explore Ayurveda's holistic science of rejuvenation - Rasayana - and how to apply it's wisdom to our everyday life.
Go home with:
- A better understanding of how Ayurveda views the aging process and what daily steps to take that will keep the youthfulness alive.
- How to use natural oils for healthy skin, hair and nails, and which one is right for your unique self. (Samples included!)
- Insight on how to use traditional Ayurvedic herbs to support your body at any age.
- Food guidelines that offer long and healthy functioning of the eyes, heart, brain and digestive tract.
- An ancient Ayurvedic Rasayana tea recipe passed down for generations by the yogi's of India.
|| $30 ||
Spend a special evening with The Lotus Room learning how to care for your loved ones at home with our Ayurvedic Indian Head Massage.
This traditional massage improves blood flow to the head and neck, aids in easing overactive or anxious minds, helps reduce frequency of migraines and tension headaches, in addition to contributing to improved concentration and opening of the crown chakra.
It also feels just downright divine!
|| Go home with ||
- The fundamentals of how to give a traditional Indian Head Massage including body placement, hand positioning, and marma acupressure points to help your partner and loved ones in your own home.
- Sample of our Ayurvedic Mahanarayan headache balm
You will work with your partner in both giving and receiving this massage. Please wear warm, comfortable clothes + bring 2 pillows.
|| $60 per couple ||
Registration is limited to 4 couples.